Personally, I feel Xtended has too many features and if you like feature-packed ROMs then you can definitely give it a try. While Google’s AOSP is barebones, LineageOS gives it a sense of customizability while maintaining stability. Apart from that, if you want top-notch privacy https://www.tawali.com/unlock-the-power-of-your-samsung-gt-i9000-with/ and security on a custom ROM then I would highly recommend LineageOS. Not to mention, the development team has worked really fast on bringing Android 13 this time and it’s available for several devices. Built on top of Google’s AOSP code and adding their own custom code to it, LineageOS works as a standalone ROM as well as the source code for many other custom ROMs out there.
It also has no wireless charging, which has become an essential feature for many users. The Samsung Galaxy Xcover is for those who like to have some adventure in their life. These are rugged phones with excellent water and dust proof capabilities. The Samsung Galaxy Mega series are big screen budget Android Smartphones with amazing specs. The Samsung Galaxy Tab series is the oldest when it comes to tablets. It consists of both expensive and economic models that suits everyone’s needs. The list is quite long as it is as old as the “S” series.
- See ROM, flash memory, Android recovery image and Android rooting.
- You will then be able to take better photos with your phone’s camera than before.
- In computing, firmware is a specific class of computer software that provides the low-level control for a device’s specific hardware.
- Use HDR Enhanced if you want the best quality possible, when comparing quality (stock vs gcam, gcam vs gcam), and when taking pictures in hard conditions.
- I read “custom ROM” and “customized firmware” all over the internet.
The handset runs stock Android 9.0 Pie out of the box, starts at 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, and Zeiss optics for front and rear cameras. It’s fueled by a 3500mAh battery and has fast charging support. Mi A3 is the third Android One or stock Android phone from Xiaomi. Going by early 2021 standards, the Mi A3 can be termed as a compact and light phone.
- The new Xiaomi MIUI camera app brings some improvements and bug fixes.
- Not to mention, the development team has worked really fast on bringing Android 13 this time and it’s available for several devices.
- 8) Data reset/data lost- You’ll lose your data and have to start from scratch if you restore to factory settings.
- You can find How-to flash instruction on this page below.
- One big advantage of having a custom ROM is being able to get rid of bloatware .
Rom is more secure if it has been backed up with Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android). In fact, it works well during the time of security it needs. It has some rather better options to make your phone so secure after restart. Here you can select all or part of the data you need and choose a storage location for backup files. Then please tap on “Backup” again to start backing up the desired files. Low storage space in your device hampers the smooth operation as well as prevents downloading or updating latest software.
Try another version, perhaps from a different modder and see if it works or report the problem to the developer. Some phones only support a few seconds while others support minutes. If a setting isn’t available, it’s possible that it works like the original GCam app.